a New Way of Communication
Integrated language translation features to instant messagingDownload 2U App
Brighsun New Energy is responsible for all research and development of new energy related projects. Currently BNE is undergoing commercialisation of its Li-S battery technology.
The same Li-S battery material can be applied on any battery-operated devices and machineries such as mobile phone, electronic wearables, portable power tools, construction & agricultural machineries, aircraft, marine vessels and energy storage units. Future development roadmap will be published in near future. All of which will be managed by BNE.
Below is a list of research, development and credentials of Brighsun New Energy since it established in 2007.
- 2007 - Start to research on Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery core material.
- 2009 - Start to test Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery on long-range bus.
- 2010 - Mileage test is conducted on mid-range and long-range buses with an ENEX TestLab Australia under commercial operation environment in Hubei. The test buses are loaded with sand bags as substitute for passenger weight, air-conditioning switched on and stopped at every bus station. The result of a single charge is 480 km for the short-range and 519 km for the long-range.
- 2011 - Start to research Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) battery.
- 2013 - Apply patent for Cathode material of Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4); start electrolyte research for Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) battery.
- 2014 - Establish Nanxun Brighsun New Material Co., Ltd and Brighsun Co., Ltd. for Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Cathode material and battery’s mass production; continue research for Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) battery material and production test.
Published journal article in Materials Chemistry and Physics – "Controllable growth of LiFePO4 microplates of (010) and (001) lattice planes for Li ion batteries: A case of the growth manner on the Li ion diffusion coefficient and electrochemical performance"
- 2015 - Mass production of short-range and long-range buses with Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery. The short-range bus reached 800 km for a single charge and the long-range bus reached over 1,000 km for a single charge. The long range mode acquired Guinness World Records for single charge greatest distance by electric bus (non-solar) later in the year.
Patent authorisation for Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Cathode material is granted in the same year. The team focuses on Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) battery material research hereafter.
Published journal article in Materials Research Innovations – "Low-cost synthesis of nanocrystal line and spherical LiFePO4/C composite cathode materials"
Acquired China Patent for Method of manufacturing LiFePO4 cathodic material for lithium secondary batteries invention.
Acquired Guinness World Record Certification – Greatest distance by electric bus, single charge (non-solar) is 1,018km (632.55 miles) and was achieved by Brighsun EV Group (Australia) in Melbourne, Australia from 14th to 15th November 2015
Published journal article in Material Letters – "Facile synthesis of Ni/Li3Ti4NiCrO12 composites with enhanced cycle performance as lithium ion battery anode"
- 2016 - Start to research on high energy density stability for Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) battery.
- 2017 - Research on separators and separator coatings for Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) batteries.
- 2018 - Research on large Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) batteries.
- 2019 - Research on large Lithium Sulphur (Li-S) batteries success.
Filed Brighsun logo Trademark with IP Australia
- 2020 - Filed for "A lithium-sulfur (Li-S) battery cathode material synthesized by using silica hollow spheres" provisional patent application with IP Australia
SGS Lab test result has proven a single charge can reach up to 2,000km range according to energy density calculation
Bloomberg news published after latest SGS test report - 21 April 2020
Start of production line test.
Filed international patent application for "A lithium-sulfur (Li-S) battery cathode material synthesized by using silica hollow spheres" with WIPO. PCT International Application No.: PCT/AU2020/051294
- 2021 - 2021 January Industrialisation Progress Update - 28 January 2021